Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Hidden Flame

On Monday, I gave you a rather long post, so this one is a bit shorter. ;) I hope that you've been enjoying reading a bit about these books! I know that I have enjoyed reading them and posting about them here.
Another book that I have read is The Hidden Flame, by Davis Bunn and Janette Oak. Let me give you the back cover blurb.

In first-century Judea, the followers of the Way have burgeoned into a vibrant, growing community that cannot be ignored.
Jerusalem is in turmoil as its religious leaders on one side, and their Roman rulers on the other, conspire to stamp out the fledgling Church. And Abigail, who thought she had finally found home and safety, is caught between the opposing forces.

Two suitors desire the lovely Abigail's hand in marriage. Ezra, a successful Hebrew merchant and widower with important connections among the Sanhedrin, is looking for a mother for his children. The Roman soldier Linux is fascinated by her winsome charm and possibly could offer the sanctuary---maybe even the love--- for which she yearns. But her hear has been captured by neither of these. Will her faith and courage survive a heartbreak beyond comprehension as the followers face a gathering storm of persecution they never could have foreseen?
A glimmer of hope beckons Abigail forward...


You may be like me, and after reading that, you think, 'I have got to read this book!' That is what I thought when I saw The Hidden Flame sitting on our library's new shelf. I got it and read it, and it was well worth spending an afternoon to read it. Janette Oke writes wonderful books, and this one is absolutely no exception, in fact, if anything, it is even better because Davis Bunn was her partner in writing it.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Hidden Flame, and I think that others would love it too. This is a good book to curl up with on a rainy afternoon.

No comments: