Monday, May 10, 2010

Winner!!!

Hey all! Congratulations to the Winner of Nicole O'Dell's two teen books, Magna and Making Waves, who is....(drum roll, please)... KarenK! Karen, you'll need to email me your mailing address, and I'll get it to Nicole.
Sorry that this is late. Yesterday was slightly hectic, being Mother's Day and all. Happy Mother's Day to all mothers! I hope that, despite my not getting this posted, you had an excellent day yesterday.


Is anyone excited about this week or next week? Or even tomorrow? Boy, I'm about to bounce off of the walls waiting for next week! Me, my sister, and our three brothers are going on a three to five day camping trip--pioneer style! That means that the only electronics that we can bring are small flashlights, cameras, and alphies. Which means that we aren't going to be on the computers, and that also means that I won't be posting on here... and my automatic posting thingamajig doesn't post when I want it to. But I will be keeping a trail log, and when I can get back on the computer, sometime on the afternoon of Saturday the 22nd, I'll post that on here, along with lots of pictures! Hopefully I won't get a chance to take a picture of a tent that a deer didn't see...
I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain this Saturday and Sunday, to give the ground a bit of time to dry out, because it is supposed to be dreary and rain all week. The corn in the fields around us is growing fast and needs the rain, so I suppose that I'm thankful for it. But that doesn't mean that I don't find it annoying sometimes...like when the ground is almost dry enough to mow the grass before it becomes a jungle and it rains again, or the deer trails are almost hard and they become a squishy, mushy mess. =) Okay, no more talking about rain, before it actually starts raining again!
Has anyone cooked with a dutch oven? We are going to pull the old dutch oven down from the barn loft, and we'll be using that on the camping trip, which should be quite an experience! Just cooking any meal outdoors that isn't hot dogs will be different.
We will be going out on the morning of Monday the 17th, right after breakfast, and staying until, at the very least, through Wednesday night. But we can stay out there until Saturday morning if we want to.

I'm going to go figure out what I am going to pack and start packing it, so if I forget anything, I'll have a whole week to remember it. =) Have an awesome, beautiful, amazing, wonderful week!!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Hope you have a great time on your camping trip. Maybe you should check out how to use a dutch oven on the computer before you leave!!

Esther Wysong said...

Thanks, Grammy! And yes, that is a good idea. I'll do that today. =) How are you and Pappy doing?

Love you both!
Esther